All About Plastic Injection Molding
Welcome to our Injection Molding Website! Here you find information about injection processes, molding techniques, and specialized methods, so that you keep yourself informed with the latest trends and technology.
Plastic injection moulding is by far the most popular method to manufacture plastic parts in the world today. This process is used for everything from inexpensive commercial products, like disposable eating utensils, toys to severe environment, highly stressed technical components, like critical parts for automotive and aerospace industries. You’ll find extensive use of injection molded plastic parts in electronics world for things like enclosures for cell phones, computers, televisions and the like, as well as in the medical world where things like syringe bodies, breathing apparatus and a wide range of other life-saving devices are employed. No other process has come to dominate modern manufacturing as injection plastic molding, and its use increases every year. Recently, critical steering components for General Motors cars and trucks were changed from stamped and machined steel parts to an injection molded assembly resulting in a lighter part, at lower cost, quieter, and more reliable.
Injection molding is the process of heating thermoplastic resin to a liquid then shooting it under high pressure into a mold cavity that is the negative image of the desired part, allowing it to freeze, then opening the mold to allow the completed part to be ejected. In most cases features can be built into the mold cavity to give the part everything it will need when finished, so that no other operations are needed once the part comes out of the mold. Textures, or high polishes, markings, screw holes, lens shapes, and any other features needed in the finished part can be built into the mold so the finished part automatically has these features incorporated.
The beauty of plastic molding is that many parts, even millions, can be made in exactly the same way and will come out the same no matter what. Each piece will have the identical features, dimensions, and physical properties. It is the ideal way to make high volumes because of this consistency. Properly maintained, injection mold tools can last decades making millions of parts per year. Properly set-up and controlled, the 20 millionth part will be identical to the first part in every measurable way. No other manufacturing process has the potential to operate at this consistency.
Multiple cavities of each part can be built to the injection molding tool, so that each time the mold opens, you make 8 or 16 or some other multiple of parts for each cycle of the injection moulding machine to really increase the production rate and greatly decrease the cost of making a part. In some cases several different parts, for instance a right and left hand version of an enclosure can be made in a single tool as well to reduce the number of machine cycles required to make multiple parts of an assembly, increasing production and lowering the cost. Injection moulding also offers flexibility not possible with any of the other manufacturing processes.
Injection molding also offers one of the lowest scrap rates of any other manufacturing processes as well. Since no second operations are generally required, no material is cut off and thrown away. It is possible to use a special technique to completely eliminate even the small pathways the plastic flows through to cut the material scrap rate to virtually zero, or often, any plastic removed in the process can be reused by pelletizing it and mixing it back into the fresh plastic resin in closely controlled proportions. These capabilities mean a higher percentage of the raw material becomes part of the finished part than in any other process. Injection plastic molding is highly efficient.
We are a world class injection moulding & mold supplier with the capability to design and build inexpensive and efficient molds to produce your parts, and the modern efficient machinery to mold your parts efficiently, accurately and inexpensively. Quality is a hallmark of our operation, with a world-class ISO-9000 quality system in-place to utilize the latest statistical process control methods to ensure our production meets your requirements – every part!
We are proud of our reputation gained over more than two decades supplying injection molded parts to customers in Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, Korea, China, Singapore, Malaysia and other major industrial nations. You would recognize our customer list as high-quality suppliers in their fields. So far, our reputation as being an on-time reliable, quality and cost effective supplier has been growing, mostly by word of mouth. Our passion for injection molding shows in our products and in the way we care for our customers.
As you can tell from our extensive website information, our goal is to keep you informed on many of the different injection molding processes, techniques, and specialized methods, so that you can make the most informed decisions about which method is best for your product. Don’t let a limited capability supplier steer you into using a method just because that’s all he has the equipment and know-how to do. Instead look through all the possibilities so you can make a decision based on your parts, your production and your quality needs. The more you know, the better your decisions will be. If we can help, just let us know.
- Plastic Injection Mold - Basics
- Plastic injection mold, sometimes called dies, or simply injection mold tools, are terms to describe the basic tool used to produce plastic injection molded parts.
- Injection Molding Book
- A collection of various injection molding book to enhance you knowledge about plastic manufacturing.
- Injection Mold Gallery
- Interesting facts and picture at our injection mold gallery.
- Injection Molding in Thailand
- A over view of Injection Molding in Thailand
- Thailand Industrial Estates
- Interesting facts you should know about Thailand Industrial Estates.
- Hemaraj Industrial Estates
- Hemaraj Industrial Estates is one of the major player in Thailand for development of industrial estates.
- Amata Industrial Estates
- Amata Industrial Estates is instrumental in developing self-sustaining industrial estates which has paved way for the success of the company.
- Thailand Injection Molding Machine
- Information about Thailand injection molding machine.
- Thailand Used Injection Molding Machines
- A over view of Thailand Used Injection Molding Machines
- Used Machine Stock
- Used machine stock from Thailand.
- Flood Damaged Injection Molding Machines for Sale!
- flood damaged injection molding machines for sale
- Plastic Injection Molding News
- Our Plastic Injection Molding News is the easiest way to stay up-to-date with the latest news, trends and articles published around the world..
- Thailand Industrial Parks
- Thailand Industrial Parks are centralized and conveniently located near public means of transportation can be the perfect way to get a booming factory.
- Thailand Flood - The Race to save Bangkok
- Thailand flood, Bangkok a virtual haven for the manufacturing industry, but many factories and businesses are bearing the brunt of damaging losses.
- Thailand Plastic Industry - On the Rise
- Thailand plastic industry a positive outlooks for the plastics industry in Thailand. It’s a wise idea to consider getting into the business or expanding the business you already have.
- Plastic Molds – Cold and Hot Runner Systems
- Plastic molds for use in the injection molding process are classified into two general types which are cold and hot runner systems
- Plastic Injection Molding Blog
- Never miss the latest injection molding news and updates with our Plastic Injection Molding Blog!
- Plastic Mould - About Us
- Our Plastic Mould website offers information and products for an audience the world over. Here is a little information about who's behind this site.
- Injection Molding Contact Us
- Injection Molding - Contact Us
- Plastic Molding Career - Plastic Injection Mold and Molding
- Plastic Molding Career - A great source in online recruiting for plastic molding jobs connecting job seekers and employers.
- Plastic Molding Employer
- Plastic Molding Employer - A great source in online recruiting for plastic molding jobs connecting job seekers and employers.
- JSW Used Vertical Injection Machines
- Good condition JSW used Vertical Injection Machines